Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Penn Hills, PA: Man Gets 2 Life Sentences For Beating Woman, Killing Her 2 Children

Posted: 4:54 pm EDT July 6, 2010
Updated: 5:07 pm EDT July 6, 2010

PENN HILLS, Pa. -- Keith Scott pleaded guilty to severely beating his girlfriend and killing her two children in Penn Hills in October of 2008.
In court Tuesday, Scott was sentenced to two consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole and 10 to 20 years for the beating of Nikiesha Warren.
In exchange for the plea, prosecutors withdrew a request for the death sentence.
Investigators said Scott beat 18-year old Ieisha Drake with a 20-pound dumbbell as she slept. Police said he then waited for her brother, 14-year old Naim, to come home from school, then attacked and killed him.
Nikiesha survived the beating and had to have extensive facial surgery and 16 plates in her head.
During the hearing, Channel 11 News reporter Rick Earle said one of the victims' family members shouted out to Scott and said “You should have killed yourself.”
Before he was sentenced, Scott spoke out and said he was sorry and that it was something he didn’t plan to do.
After the hearing Warren spoke to Channel 11.
“I talk to them daily and actually when I need help, I say ‘I need your help guys, please help me.’ I talk to God and I open up my arms and welcome everything that's coming down,” she said. “They're going to give him death daily I’m sure. I won't be the one perpetrating the hatred but he'll get it and that's satisfying to me.”

No comments: