Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nashville, TN: Victim's Sister Suspected Ex-Relative In Slaying

Investigators Say Timothy Bozza, Cory Cotham Conspired Slaying


Two Nashville men police said conspired to kill one of the men's estranged wife appeared in court Wednesday.
Images: Estranged Husband Arrested In Woman's Death
Timothy Bozza and Cory Cotham both pleaded not guilty in court.
Investigators said Bozza came up with a plan to kill his soon-to-be ex-wife, Veronica, just days before their divorce was to be final. Investigators said Cotham carried out the slaying.
"Veronica was a very sweet young girl when she was a child, very sweet, very sensitive," said Lorenza Chiaramont, Veronica's sister. "She always had a passion for the medias in general; that's how she started her career in Europe."
Veronica Bozza eventually moved to the United States and became a successful television and music producer. She helped produce the 2009 CMT Music Awards.
Chiaramont said her sister loved her work but that there was one thing she loved more.
"She was a wonderful mother; that was actually her main job," said Chiaramont. "She was a very good mom."
Chiaramont received a phone call Aug. 29 that she said she'll never forget.
"Brian called me, her boyfriend, because he found the body of my sister at her house," Chiaramont said. "Right away, I thought, 'Her ex-husband killed her.'"
Chiaramont, along with other friends of Veronica Bozza, sat on the front row in court Wednesday as Timothy Bozza and Cory Cotham pleaded not guilty.
Veronica Bozza's boyfriend was also there Wednesday. He had gone to visit her that Sunday morning and instead found her body on the living room floor, officials said.
Brian Robinson said that the two met while working on a show in Nashville. He said they were going through similar things and had a real "heart connection." He said finding her dead that morning was the worst day of his life.
Chiaramont said she wanted to speak exclusively with Channel 4 News with a message for any woman who may be dealing with domestic abuse.
"It's important to talk about these things," said said. "It's important not to hide or be scared."
Veronica Bozza is originally from Milan, Italy. Veronica's sister visited with her 8-year-old nephew, who has dual citizenship, Wednesday and said he misses his mother so much.
Police said Timothy Bozza has no record of any domestic related charges. Requests for comment from his family were not returned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cory Cotham is a monster. I dated him back in late 2006-early 2007. One night he grabbed me by the neck and threw me out the door of the house. The next day he had the nerve to call me and act like nothing happened. I said I can't believe your calling me after when you did. He said what? When I told him what he did he said, "if I did that you'd be dead"! I'm glad I got away when I did. The last time he contacted me was on yahoo the summer of 2010 and he said he would find me. After reading all the articles it makes me think that I'm the one he wanted Bozza to kill for him. I'm glad he will never be free.