Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Virginia Beach, VA: Va. Beach woman charged with husband's murder

Police have charged a woman with murder in the shooting death of her husband.

Officers were called to Roosevelt Avenue, near the intersection of Holland and Rosemont roads, at 10 p.m. Sunday. They found a man with gunshot wounds lying in the yard of a home.

Detectives later learned the victim had been fighting with his wife, and the shooting appeared to have happened inside the residence, according to police.

The victim was Kiel John O'Brien, 27, of the 700 block of Roosevelt Ave., police said Monday.

His wife, Janeth Katherine O'Brien, 24, of the same address, has been charged with murder and use of a firearm. She is being held in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond, according to police.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I knew both of these people personally and am saddened by this tragic event. Two lives have been destroyed here.
I know that Kathy had a bit of a violent temper and that Kiel has had to restrain her or ask her to leave before. Kathy is a good person though and I know that she was having some substance abuse issues as well as Kiel. But the last few weeks they appeared to be working everything out.
They have had ups and downs, Kiel was warmhearted and very forgiving.
They were not saints but this should have been prevented.
Those close to them understood deeper the issues that the couple struggled with together.
My only regret is that I didn't share my strength experience and hope with Kiel. Or share about my faith with him and her.
I had been in abusive relationships in the past when I was younger and education is key.
RIP Kiel love u bro.
I forgive you Kathy.
Jacob C