Monday, March 28, 2011

Thornton, CO: Family, friends remember woman killed in Thornton

Kim Posey

Reporter

THORNTON, Colo. -- A crowd of people gathered in Thornton Sunday night for a candlelight vigil marking the one year anniversary of Liberty Ledezma's murder.

The young mother was killed, and her condo near 88th and Huron was set on fire. It is a tough day for her younger sister Brittany.

"She was like the best thing that I had," Brittany said. "I never want to let go of my sister."

The group said a prayer, and watched a slide show of pictures. They are hoping to find justice is the court system.

In January, Liberty's boyfriend, Rodney Tucker, was charged with arson and first degree murder.

As family and friends wait for his day in court, they cling to their memories of Liberty.

"I know she is with me," said Brittany.

No comments: