Sunday, December 26, 2010

Laurel County, KY: Family Mourning the Loss of Son, Found Stabbed to Death

Family Mourns After Man Found Stabbed to Death

A Laurel County family says for the years to follow, Christmas will never be the same. Police found 29-year-old Chris Allen stabbed to death yesterday lying on a driveway.

Police arrested Roi Lynn Collett, Allen's girlfriend. Now, Chris Allen's mother has words for her son's alleged killer, and they may surprise you.

"He called me yesterday morning and he said Mommy he said it's Christmas and I'm coming over," says Judy Collins. Chris Allen never came, instead police found him lying on a driveway on Whitley Street stabbed in the chest.

"I just wanted to go and hug him and be with him. Things will never be the same without him I don't know what I'll do now," says Collins.

Collins says she still doesn't understand why this happened to her son, who deeply loved his family.

Police believe they know who is responsible, Allen's girlfriend of three years, Roi Lynn Collett.

"I'm hurt, but I still love her," says Collins.

Collins says she has forgiveness in her heart for her son's alleged killer. But she still wants to know why her son was taken away on Christmas morning. "He's my baby and I lost him and I don't have him anymore. I just don't know what I'm going to do now."

Chris Allen's funeral will be 11:00 a.m. At the Bowling Funeral Home in Laurel County. The funeral home is accepting donations to help with funeral costs.

No comments: