Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pine Hills, FL: Cops: Man Confessed To Killing Girlfriend

PINE HILLS, Fla. -- Deputies say a man confessed to killing his girlfriend in their Pine Hills home Tuesday morning.

The Orange Sheriff's Office said Michael Alleyne, 36, admitted to shooting and killing his girlfriend, the mother of his four children, after an argument.

The woman's body was found Tuesday morning inside a home at 5418 Fox Briar Trail.

Alleyne's step mother, Debbie Carter, said Alleyne showed up at her house Tuesday morning and told her that he killed Rosmond McNiel, his girlfriend of 14 years.

"He was upset and crying. I thought he was...I couldn't believe it," Carter said.

Local 6 uncovered court records that show McNeil filed for and was granted a temporary injuction against her live-in boyfriend, just days prior to her death.

It was the second injuction she filed in Orange County court. McNeil voluntarily dropped the first injuction, possibly out of fear.

In her own words, she wrote that on September 16, he called her and "started telling me he as going to kill me if I left him. His sister told me that he said he was going to have someone do it for him. I can't sleep at night. I'm scared of this man and want him away from me."

Deputies spent the day at the couple's home processing the scene.

Alleyn is being held at the Orange County Jail on a first-degree murder charge.

No comments: