Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Westport, KY: Man Who Shot, Killed 2 Sisters Shares His Side Of Story

WESTPORT, Ky. -- The man who told police he shot and killed two sisters shared his side of the story.
The shooting happened Sunday night in Westport.
Ronnie Evridge told police he shot the two sisters in self defense. Police are still investigating if that's true.

On Tuesday night, Evridge told WLKY News those sisters were the ones trying to kill him.
"I told them this kind of thing would happen to them, but I never dreamed it'd be me to do it, you know? said Evridge.
Evridge admitted he pulled the trigger on his girlfriend and her sister Sunday night.
Something he said he wouldn't have done if they didn't try to kill him first.
"In my eyes it was (self defense). I hope the police rule it that. I had no choice. If the two just had knives I could have prevented it, but you can't get away from a gun when they shoot you," said Evridge.
Evridge said he overheard the sisters planning an attack, so he confronted them. He said the two sisters were plotting to kill him in a kitchen.
Evridge said they ran out with a knife and a gun. They met Evridge, and the two got into a physical fight.
During that fight, Evridge was stabbed in the arm.
That's when he said he pulled out a gun and shot his 24-year-old girlfriend Sandy Allen and her sister, Heather to death.
Evridge told WLKY News he knows why this happened, saying the two sisters were both heavily addicted to pain medications.
"I told her when she come out of jail, 'If you were to start doing that type of stuff again, forget me. I'm not going any further with it you know?' And I had no idea she was going to rob and kill me," said Evridge.
But family members on the other end don't believe him.

As police investigate exactly what happened and who is at fault, Evridge called these deaths unfortunate but necessary, saying if he didn't shoot and kill, his own life would have been on the line.
"The one that stabbed me in the arm was supposed to love me and care about me you know? You can be so deceived by people, you know?" said Evridge.
Sandy Allen's family members said she just got out of prison after violating probation. She has reportedly been in jail before on drug charges.

No comments: