Thursday, December 22, 2011

Beaumont, TX: Man surrenders after killing his girlfriend

People who live near Highland Avenue has lots to say when they heard a 19-year-old neighbor was shot and killed by her 20-year-old boyfriend.

"At first I did hear a gunshot. I don't know where it came from but it sounded like a shotgun but I don't know exactly where it came from. Like I said I was laying down and I was just looking around but I didn't see nobody," said neighbor Gerald Johnson.

The murder happened at a home on the 4500 block of Highland Avenue.

Beaumont Police received a phone call reporting the shooting around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning.

When they arrived they found the victims boyfriend, Ryan Dominque Walker, outside of the home surrendering.

"It's close to the holidays. Someone losing a loved one. I just don't understand why people do the things they do," said neighbor Deborah Wells

Beaumont Police say they did respond to a disturbance call at the residence of the shooting just last week.

"If you're in a relationship or someone's abusive to you whether it's physically abusive, emotionally abusive, or verbally abusive, you need to get out," said Officer Veronica Payton.

Now neighbors say they are looking out for their own safety.

"It really bothers me for one because of the age. It's so close to my mom's house. I don't live here. I just be here a lot of the times so now it makes me feel like I have to stay at my mom's house to make sure she's safe," said Shaun Wells.

No comments: