Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Macon, GA: Police: Macon Woman Fatally Stabbed Boyfriend After Argument

A Macon police report says a woman fatally stabbed her boyfriend after they argued and fought with knives.

Police say 24-year-old Zabrina Elaine White is in the Bibb County jail charged with felony murder.

The incident report says she fatally stabbed 20-year-old Courtney Cortez Thomas after he hit her with a chair and stabbed her.

Thomas' cousin Jaleel Threatt says at the apartment Sunday morning.

"I walked up to him and I was just asking him, 'cuz, you all right?' And he wasn't saying nothing," said Threatt. "I tried to lean him up on the wall. I actually did lean him up on the wall. I seen the blood on his shirt, but I didn't know he was stabbed."

Police spokeswoman Jami Gaudet says police got a 911 call about a person being stabbed around 6:50 Sunday morning on the 2700 block of Blount Street, in South Macon.

Gaudet says an investigator went to the Medical Center to interview Courtney Cortez Thomas, but when they arrived the officer was informed that Thomas had died.

"I called the hospital and they told me I need to get up there," said Thomas' mother Carmeta. "I didn't think it was that serious, because I know they had a rocky relationship and then when my nephew called and told me he was dead. It's still hard to believe."

Bibb County coroner Leon Jones says Thomas died at the Medical Center of Central Georgia around 7 a.m.

Gaudet says police arrested White at 2:40 Sunday afternoon and charged her with aggravated assault and felony murder.

According to police, Thomas was the father of White's child. At the scene, she told police she and Thomas argued, but she did not stab him.

A police investigation on the scene led them to believe White was lying to officers about what happened.

According to a police report, a second woman told police that she, White and Thomas were all asleep in the living room.

She said White woke up, took a shower and called her father. She said Thomas began cussing her out, then got a chair and hit her with it.

Thomas and White both grabbed knives from the kitchen and began fighting, the report says. White was stabbed in the arm and Thomas was stabbed twice in the abdomen. Then White left the house.

Thomas' sister Melody Pleas said, "It broke my heart. That's the closest brother to me, and she took him away from me."

The report does not say what the two were arguing about.

The report also says Thomas is the father of White's child.

She was found and arrested by police several hours later.

Jones says this marks the third homicide of the year. He says Macon Police continue to investigate the case.

No comments: