Thursday, April 14, 2011

Memphis, TN: Man Charged in Fatal Shooting

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - A man has been charged in the fatal shooting of his girlfriend and holding two children hostage.
25-year old Darius Jones was charged with 1st Degree Murder, 2 counts of Aggravated Kidnapping and Criminal Attempt 1st Degree Murder.
Officers made the scene on Lagena Monday afternoon and found 25-year old Cortessa Chambers lying on the floor from a gunshot wound. She was pronounced dead on the scene.
The investigation revealed she was involved in an argument with Jones that led to the shooting.
Jones, also known as ‘Da Da’, allegedly shot and killed Chambers in front of two young children - one girl and one boy.
The couple’s neighbor, Mr. Clark lives behind where the shooting took place and said it started out as a domestic dispute.
"He had a gun and he was going around shooting at the ground right in my view because I was looking out the window. So I was like okay, so when I called the police they all got there and it was like- I can't believe this is going on in my own neighborhood," said Clark.
Clark also said he could see the victim try and stop the suspect from using his gun.
"When he had the gun she was like on him. Attaching to him trying to stop him, and I don't know if he snapped or whatever the situation was, but it was like, it was devastating," said Clark.
Neighbors say the couple was new to the neighborhood.
Donnell Boyd Sr. use to live in the house the shooting took place he said he recently met the victim.
"I talked to the young lady about a week and a half ago. Seemed like she was a nice lady, she had a little hang up. I think it was something with her ole man the guy that stays there with her- the guy that did the killing. But I am sorry that it happened like that,” said Boyd.

No comments: