Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Boardman, OH: Neighbors Recount Man Being Run Over, Killed by Girlfriend

Residents at the Chelsea Court Apartments in Boardman were still reeling Monday after a fatal accident took place in the complex's parking lot on Sunday.

John Marr, 52, died after his girlfriend allegedly hit him with her car. Residents of the complex said it's not unusual to hear Billie Mohr arguing with Marr, and police said they have responded to the apartment before for domestic violence, but Marr never wanted to pursue the charges.

"Before they're always into fights and she's having a fit and everything else. We figured she wanted to drive and that was it," said Stephen Harrison, who witnessed the incident.

Harrison said it appeared Marr tried to stop the 32-year-old Boardman woman from leaving in a Mustang Sunday evening, but Mohr continued to drive.

"She just kept on going. I said, 'Oh my goodness.' I can't believe she ran over him," Harrison said.

While not everyone saw the incident take place, plenty of people heard it.

"Then I heard a real bang and it sounded like boom, boom. Real loud. And then I heard her screaming," said Wilfredo Rosa.

Rosa ran to the scene, and found Marr pinned under the car.

"I see his head right by the front tire and that his whole body was underneath and that. And then I told him, 'John are you ok, are you ok?' And 'Can you breathe?' And I seen him gasp for air," Rosa said.

So neighbors immediately took action. Three men lifted the vehicle as Rosa grabbed the 52-year-old and pulled him out.

"I just held his hand and started talking and talking. 'Stay with me, stay with me'," Rosa said he told Marr.

Marr was transported to the hospital, where he later died.

Mohr was cited for a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, but detectives continue to investigate, saying at this point they don't know if it was intentional or an accident. She could face additional charges.

"We did what we could do and that. But I feel sorry for him. I hoped he would have lived," Rosa said.

No comments: