Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lusby, MD: Police say Lusby man killed girlfriend, hid body in trash can

A 25-year-old Lusby man is being held by police in connection with the suspected murder of a 27-year-old Lusby woman, who police say was his girlfriend.
John Warren Gibson Jr. led police Friday morning to a wooded area south of Leonardtown in St. Mary’s County, where police said in a press release they found the body of Amanda Lynn Foster in a trash can in the woods. Gibson allegedly told police the couple had been involved in a fight Jan. 12 at the home they shared on San Jose Lane in Lusby. During the fight, Gibson allegedly stabbed Foster in the chest, then placed her body in a trash can, loaded it into her truck and drove to St. Mary’s County where he hid the trash can in the woods near Breton Bay.
Police said in a press release they began the investigation after receiving a call from a concerned family member Jan. 31 at 8:11 p.m. Foster’s family had not heard from the victim in several weeks and attempts to reach her by phone were unsuccessful. Troopers from the Maryland State Police Prince Frederick Barrack went to her home to try and talk to her. No one was at the San Jose Lane home, but troopers learned her truck had been seen parked at a home on H.G. Trueman Road in Lusby. Troopers went to the H.G. Trueman residence and spoke with Gibson, who told troopers he had dropped Foster off at a convenience store in California, Md., and had not heard from her since.
Det. Rich of the Calvert Investigative Team was called in to assist in the investigation. Police said Gibson gave them conflicting information in his account of recent events and he was taken to CIT offices for questioning. Additional CIT personnel, Sgt. Jones, Sgt. Naughton, Tfc. Hunt and Det. Mudd, were called to assist in conducting the investigation.
Police said during Gibson’s interview, he told police about the argument and the alleged homicide. He allegedly then took investigators this morning to the location of the body in the woods south of Leonardtown. CIT investigators met with troopers and deputies from the St. Mary’s County Bureau of Criminal Investigations at the scene. Foster’s body was recovered and taken to the Maryland Medical Examiner’s Office in Baltimore for an autopsy.
Rich with the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office and Sgt. Jones with MSP are continuing the investigation. Anyone with additional information can contact them at 410-535-1600, ext. 2765 or ext. 2455.

No comments: