Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Arlington, TX: Police say Arlington man killed wife, then self

Arlington police say officers checking on the welfare of a couple found both dead in an apparent murder and a suicide.

Police on Sunday night identified the pair as 71-year-old Don Crutchfield and his 68-year-old wife, Zoy Crutchfield.

Investigators say the wife apparently had reconnected with an old friend and was in the process of leaving her husband.

Police believe Don Crutchfield fatally shot his wife, then killed himself.

A police statement says officers discovered the bodies while checking out the home Sunday afternoon after being contacted by a concerned neighbor.

1 comment:

TXMOM said...

We are neighbors of Zoy and Don. Don would spend most of the day riding his bike keeping watch on the neighborhood. He would often stop by and talk with me reminding me that I should choose a cooler day to do my gardening...and I would tease him about riding that bike...When we got robbed 2 years ago, he was upset because it happened while he wasn't here to catch them because he was at the doctor. He was a caring friend. There is nothing in recent conversations that led me to believe things were anything other than wonderful. His plans for the future were clear and he seemed happy.
I don't understand what happened behind those closed doors and I cannot believe it - I miss seeing him.